Discovering Space does not currently collect any data, personal or otherwise.
It is possible that in the future, data logging may be enabled to capture the following …
- The app being played, and the app’s version number.
- The operating system and operating system version number (e.g., Windows 10).
- The name/spec of the hardware used, if any (e.g., NVidia GTX 1080).
- The number of times the app has been played on that device.
- The duration of each playtime.
- Flight paths
- Locations at which events occur (such as where photos are taken)
What will NOT be collected:
- No user-identifiable information.
- No IP address..
How is this data collected:
- A lightweight encrypted data transmission at startup, if the internet is accessible.
- A lightweight encrypted data transmission when using the app, if the internet is accessible.
How is this data stored:
- All data is stored in a secure database that no one but DiscoveringVR has access to.
How will the data be used:
- All collected data will be used to gain visibility into how the app is played in order to improve it.
Who will be able to access this data:
- Only DiscoveringVR.
- There may be a time in the future when aggregate statistics are published so that the VR community can benefit from it. ie “Most popular places” or “Favourite places to take pictures”